- 1 1/4 cups vital wheat gluten
- 4 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/4 onion – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 DROPS (like tears drops – because this shit gets overpowering FAST) liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3/4 cup water (or more if necessary)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients (onion, garlic, liquid smoke, water, ketchup, tahini) in one bowl & the dry (wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, basil, oregano & pepper) in another & combine them. It comes together fast & looks like raw hamburger – if hamburger was doughy.
3. Grease a loaf pan & press this shit in there, COVER IT WITH FOIL & bake it for about an hour. Or just kinda shape it on some foil, wrap it up & bake it.
When you are ready to make the sandwich, slice off some seitan & fry it up until warmed through.